Download files in the U3MA format
U3MA is an open-source file format developed with the goal of standardizing different vendors' output for digital textiles.
SEDDI Textura allows you to download and export your digital textiles in different formats. The format you select is defined by the software you will import it into.
U3M is based on a PBR shading standard so it contains all the texture maps and information. This format also enables the embedding of the physical parameters of the material for simulation, directly into the file. This simplifies and unifies working with several 3D tools.
U3MA files can be directly imported into 3D software like:
- SEDDI Author
What you need to know
- .u3ma files can contain physics information about the fabric. If your fabric in SEDDI Textura was generated with True Physics, then exporting the .u3ma file will contain the data along with all of the texture maps
- .u3ma is a format supported by Browzwear and SEDDI Author
- Since it is open-source, U3MA enables collaboration and invites developers to contribute to its development
How to download a U3MA file
- Hover over your digital fabric in the library and click on the download icon.
- Select the .u3ma file option.
- Select your digital fabric from the library and open the Material Viewer.
- Click the "Download" button and select the .u3ma file.