How to manage multiple material suppliers with SEDDI Textura
SEDDI Textura allows you to manage all your material suppliers in one platform to co-create 3D fabrics from real samples.
SEDDI Textura's sharing features allow you to share materials through a virtual Sample Room. This means you can create a link that will allow anyone to visualize and download your materials. The downloaded material will then be usable by the downloader for any purposes that they need.
Sample Rooms are perfect when you want to share a material that you've created. But there are occasions in which you may want to create that material with input from your suppliers.
Let's say you are a brand and you work with multiple supplier mills. You want them all to scan physical fabrics and upload them to SEDDI Textura, so that your team can proceed to edit and finish the 3D asset with a consistent quality. This is possible with an Enterprise plan, which gives you access to the SEDDI Textura supplier management workflow module.
This workflow module allows you to:
- Receive scanned fabrics from all your suppliers
- Use your internal 3D asset management team to create materials with a consistent quality
- Keep track of all uploaded materials from all suppliers, as well as their statuses throughout the material generation process
- Manage material quality and versioning with unified communication and a QA platform
- Approve materials consistently from different sources
- Use powerful tiling tools for consistent tiling
- Use powerful validation tools for validating your materials consistently
- Keep control and ownership of your materials all throughout the process
- Manage supplier communication
Ownership of materials
When a material scanned by a supplier is then digitized by a brand, the ownership of the material belongs entirely to the brand that digitizes it.
This means that:
- The material will be located and managed from the brand's library
- Once the material is uploaded, ownership belongs to the brand
- The initial uploader will have no control over the final material after the image is uploaded
- Tiling, validation, and editing processes are implemented by the brand's digitalization team
- The mill can not interact with the material until is approved by the brand
- The mill will be able to visualize and could download (depending on the brand) the material once approved